- Think about a brand new surface that is being painted – whether it be a wall or a cabinet or a floor. Without years of wear and tear, grease and grime, etc. – the paint goes on smooth thanks to the natural surface. When refinishing a cabinet, repainting a wall, or applying a concrete coating over a well loved garage floor, the surface is in no condition to accept the coating in a way that will look like new, or stand up to the test of time. We know that a properly prepped surface is key to getting you a factory-like finish, which is why we take the time to bring things back to the bare bones with methods we have time-tested over 25 years.
- Because every space is different, the condition of the surfaces are different. That is why we don’t have a one-size-fits-all surface prep system. We assess each unique surface and address any issues on a project by project basis. For example, if there are grease splatters on kitchen cabinets, we will use appropriate cleaning products coupled with sanding to ensure the surface is properly cleaned. A key to a successful coating is that the paint/stain.etc. penetrates the surface vs sealing in previous issues (like grease splatters).
- We do not simply go to the store, pick out the right color of paint or stain, bring that bucket back to the shop or job site, and put that directly on the surface. We create custom blends by mixing various products together, ensuring a smooth and optimal finish. Through our decades of experience, we have figured out what custom paint blends move through our sprayers the smoothest, and coat the surfaces in a way that creates a look that is both aesthetically pleasing and durable.
Edging And Clean Lines
- Our taping process consists of multiple steps, regardless of the surface we are painting, and is unique in that we actually spray past the tape and onto the surrounding wall. For example – when we paint kitchen cabinet boxes on site, we paint the walls around the edges. We then use touch up paint on the walls to (of course) cover the overspray from the cabinet, and then cut the tape edge and remove it. The result is an almost unbelievable straight edge, with no tape marks or uneven lines. It truly gives you the look that your space is new again!
- Our AUTHORICOAT process is used for every coatings project we complete – from wall painting to cabinet refinishing to concrete coatings. Surface Preparation, Coatings Products, and Edging + Clean Lines are all tenants of this proprietary system – and the overarching goal is to provide our community with custom coating applications that not only look phenomenal but stand up to the test of time. Contact us today to see how AUTHORICOAT can transform your home’s surfaces!